Friday night Kady invited us over for a dinner party. She had Alison make juicy pulled pork roast for carnitas. It so happened that Friday was Halloween, and the trick-or-treaters were out in full roar. Kady said her neighbour kid had already stopped by her house and she had awkwardly told them "no candy here!" We were going to just put a sign on the door saying "Sorry, no candy" but Corey was afraid she would get tp'd or egged so we decided to leave all the lights off instead.
Nonetheless that did not kill the liveliness of this party.
Here's the Hostess with the Mostess

It's definitely not hard to see that Kady and Kasey used to have to compete for attention growing up with 5 siblings, I practically had to scream to get a word in edgewise. My voice was really horse by the end of the night. But some of the most hilarious stories were them telling us about their childhood. For example they used to tease these two sisters on the bus for being nerds sitting together everyday, then they realized they did the very same thing.


At the party was also Mike and Biata.

...and Kasey and Ben

Then of course there was a bond fire, I was finally able to get rid of my trunk-full of wood. Yes, can you believe it? In the Volvo? Please don't ask! :) Anyways..... I think this was the last fire of the year. Soon to come is the bitter cold snow covered days of winter when fires will be burning inside instead of outside. I better get my thick wool socks and mittens out of storage once again. But until then I'm going to enjoy one last day of autumn in my open toe stiletto's.


And yet again, our stomachs are full, our toes are chilly (at least mine), and the smell of firewood is making our eyes tired. Another perfect ending to a great evening with good friends, delicious food and some good'ol Johny Walker to finish off.

7 comments:
p.s. I have had a fire every night since Friday. Gonna keep it going tonight too.
They'll be prying the match box out of my cold dead hands.
Yeah sure Kady, I was hoping that wood would last till spring, but no... you've gotta use it all up don't you?
Just kidding, I'm just jealous!
I'm not sure what to do with the god-awful ugly bag?
I don't know what you mean-I've never owned an ugly bag in my life!
Jake told me he told you to burn it in the fire, do you think it will have bad fumes? It was $2.99 from Target.
Nothing could be as bad as that black plastic picture frame we burned!
haha, I forgot about that! I think I still have cancer causing soot in my lungs after that.
Were you watching 007 during that bond fire?
Post a Comment