Monday, November 17, 2008

Jenna Date

This past weekend was fairly uneventful since I'm a so-called hunters widow nowadays. So I was happy to get an invite from my TRUE friends Peter & Andrea for a turkey+fixings dinner Friday night. The best part is that Pete wasn't up for company but since I'm not really company (I guess living with people for 3 months does that) they were happy to have me over.


When I pulled up in good-ol Hutchinson Andrea had to leave right away to drop Jackson off at in laws so Jenna gives me this note in much secrecy while Andrea was getting Jackson's things ready.



Last summer Jenna used to ask me all the time if I could do the smokey eye on her. But of course the responsible adult I am I said "not until you are 18 years old". Then one day she comes out with a guitar dying to play the new song she learned. This 7 year old (at the time) sat and played the whole intro to "Nothing else Matters" by Metallica. I was so impressed that I told her she had officially earned the black eyeshadow. One day I was baby-sitting and I did her make-up totally forgetting her parents were going away to the cabin that evening. To my oblivious dismay Peter wasn't too happy dragging his rocker 7 year old through the grocery store that night, but that's his problem right? She looked hot.


After make-up time we made kitty-cocktails and chatted about this girl in her class who said sports were yucky-can you believe that? Then we had to check out the updates on iCarly.com and shortly after that Andrea got home and party was over. Such good times!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Who is that child's mother?!
That totally made her weekend. She loves her visits from Anna.

Anonymous said...

What a party downer Andrea is!

Anonymous said...

Yeah, what's with that? I read this post like 3 times before I caught the part about how the party ends when I arrive?