So, I worked all weekend and was ecstatic it was finally Monday (TGIF Monday). I went to Trader Joe's and got an organic chicken to roast with some yummy potatoes and of course I picked up flowers for the table and some wine.
Jake got home around 5-ish and chicken was in the oven overwhelming the house with rosemary aromas and the pinot was airing. I even got some Baileys to make coffee-martinis for desert. Jake told me it was the best chicken he's ever had and continued about how even though he hasn't shot a deer yet this year he has nothing to complain about since he can come home to his sweet woman. You know, all that stuff that makes me feel like a million dollars. After dinner we scyped my family while sipping my coffee-martini, Jake chose to have a scotch instead. What a perfect evening, but oh, I forgot it's nothing but Monday and this is the scenario by 8:30pm.

Oh, well at least there is blogging. So again, cheers to all my blogger friends, if it weren't for you I would probably be watching season 4 of Grey's anatomy DVD's right now. Which by the way is not kosher for a Friday night- I mean Monday night!

1 comment:
That picture is hilarious.
At our house it is the other way around. I am the one sleeping.
Sounds like a great dinner.
Post a Comment