Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Arrival of Kady & Corey

The next day we had plans to pick up Kady & Corey at the airport in the afternoon. First we wanted to make sure we had the kitchen stocked with goodies. Where else to go but to Pike's Market. This is a very known, popular market right by the water which has plenty of sea-food, fresh pasta, veggies, cheese, and of course all the trinket stands. It's funny because Jake and I always end up at local markets everywhere we go travel, it has almost become like a 'travel hobby' of ours. Little did I know this particular market is known for it's sea-food stand where the workers sing and throw the fish/seafood up to the counter every time someone orders. I was getting a little worried when Jake almost got smacked in the head by a salmon while he was paying. Kady told me later that this is a huge tourist attraction which explains all the people taking pictures but not buying anything, which confused me at the time.

Anyways, later Jake prepared all the sea-food for dinner and we ate for 3 hours.


The sea-food-garbage-plate always looks so charming doesn't it? But wait.. it's totally overflowing onto Corey's plate.
Now that's ALOT of shell-fish I don't know if that last piece is gonna make it.
..maybe next time...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

One word - "yum"

Anonymous said...

Peter is having some Jake jealousy issues about what a great cook he is. When he read this post he growls and says. "There he goes again." I love it because it has made him start taking an interest in cooking.
Jake+Anna= great food! + Kady and Cory looks like great food, and fun times.

A Lady Reveals Nothing said...

I'm jealous of myself. That was the best meal I have ever eaten in my entire life. Literally.

The crab was so salty! It was as "if somebody had been marinating it in salt water for a long time".

anna said...

haha, tell Peter I feel his pain, I alwasy give Jake a hard time for steeling my thunda. Even though I had no idea how what to do with all those muscles and crabs.

anna said...

I just realized its mussels not muscles.... oups!

Anonymous said...

I would venture to guess that Jake does have better "muscles" then you. Since he's a boy and all.