Wednesday, October 22, 2008

I didn't stick a wrench in it!

A couple of weeks ago I was washing clothes and getting really frustrated at our old top-loader washing machine. The reason was it was streching out the clothes as well as not washing properly (in my mind). Plus it had been used for 8 years by construction working bachelors who have been overstuffing it time after time with really dirty clothes (no offense bachelors). This was something that had been bothering me for a while, but I had never really adressed the issue with Jake. So this day I march upstairs and tell Jake that I really want a new washer trying to explain why. He tells me "I really have a hard time replacing something that's not broken". In a very non calm and impatient voice I reply "Am I gonna have to throw a wrench in it to get a new washer?" Ofcourse thinking the washer would run forever. In his very calm and patient way he says "please don't do that". Thoughout the day I'm cursing the washer and after about 3 loads it starts making this really high pitch screeching noise and it wont stop. When Jake got home from work first thing I said "I didn't stick a wrench in it!" He looks at me and tells me that there is way too much of a coincident. Needless to say I have no idea where to find a wrench in the house anyways. On our way home from appliance smart with my new washer Jake looks at me with smerk and asked me "are you happy now?" "Yes" I said "are you happy?", he says"I'm not happy to spend money, but I'm happy you're happy!"

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

HEY!! My husband was one of those bachelors. Smiles.

That is hilarious!!! Happy washing.

Anonymous said...

What a funny coincidence. I am very happy for you, and your new washer. I know the old one was driving you crazy!!!

A Lady Reveals Nothing said...

Don't tell Jake that next time he should call Cory, who can fix ANYTHING.