


I can't hardly believe it, but I am very proud to announce that I just ran 13.1 miles for the first time on Saturday. Kady and I finished in 2hrs and 44 minutes. We both ran it together and only walked through the water stops. I felt great the first 9 miles until my knees, legs, pelvis, abs, and feet started hurting. For practice we had only done one long run (8miles) two weeks before the race, but I thought I would be just fine considering I was doing plenty short runs (4-6miles) all summer. But I tell you those last 3 miles were a piece of work. I was begging my legs to please come through for me and pick themselves up off the ground even though they had no strength left what so ever. At the finish line I started crying unstoppably for some reason. I never expected I would become so emotionally overwhelmed. I was just so happy to have finished and so extremely proud of myself to have set a goal and completed it. Also I was so thankful to Kady who ran with me the whole time cheering us on. And of course I couldn't have done it without Jake who was also there with the camera along the way taking pictures and cheering all morning.

No comments:
Post a Comment